Too many projects, too little time. I got most of my Rails SEO hints page completed tonight, after finally implementing more of the suggestions I was making in Daily Bingo Cards itself.
The Table of Contents
- The Case Study: Daily Bingo Cards
- On-page Optimization
- Sexy URLs, or, Default Routes Considered Harmful
- Taming Your Title Tags (And Other Metadata)
- Don’t Repeat Yourself… In Your Content
- Sitemaps — Because XML Doesn’t Have To Be Evil Coming Soon!
- Off-page Optimization
- acts_as_linkbait: making it easy to link to you
- Bookmarks, Chicklets, and Permalinks, Oh My!
The page is still a bit of a work in progress, of course. I intend to keep it updated and continue gradually expanding the content. Plus it is 2 AM and I really have no effort to do make the code samples more pretty (what can you expect — I built them by hand in notepad — lots and lots of ampersands, let me tell you).
If you have any comments about the article, feel free to leave them here. If you know any Rails developers who might be interested in the resource, please feel free to pass it on to them.